DARE to LOVE
This graph cannot be viewed using Microsoft Edge, please use a different browser to view the graph.
We did it! In May we set a goal to surpass the number of COVID cases in Maryland with intentional acts of love by June 30. When the final total was tallied on that day, we had dared to love in 72,186 ways compared to 67,559 COVID cases – yay God!
So while we’re celebrating all those expressions of love in Jesus’ name, why stop daring to love now? The coronavirus has yet to be contained, so let’s continue to help love go viral all over Maryland and beyond. The great part about Dare to Love is that everyone can participate.
Here’s how it works. Listed below are some important acts of love we can do that will make a difference. Let's use those negative letters C-O-V-I-D and turn them into something positive.
- C - Celebrate a graduate by “adopting a senior.”
(Have a graduate that you would like us to celebrate? Let us know!)
O - Offer to help someone with a financial need (help someone with rent or groceries or some essential cost).
V - Volunteer to:
- Send a postcard to an inmate in need of hope and connection. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Write a note of encouragement to a healthcare worker or a patient.
- Deliver food to those in need (to a neighbor or Meals on Wheels).
- Donate everyday essentials to The EPICENTER like paper products, diapers and cleaning supplies to distribute to those in need.
The EPICENTER at Edgewood
1918 Pulaski Highway
Edgewood, MD 21040
I - Intentionally pray for others.
- D - Dream up your own act of love.
Have a question about Dare to Love? Email DAREtoLOVE@mountaincc.org